Quotes and Observations from Don Sturgill and Roadturn
– Real change requires you to really change. Life demands something from you.
– If you want to feel good, do what you know you should!
– The difference between acceptable and incredible is typically about 10 percent more effort.
– If you want to change your results, change your actions.
– If your house is on fire, the first thing you should do is get out of the house.
– Your need is not to “find your passion,” but to develop and nurture something you care about until it becomes a passion. Those who wait for inspiration can expect to be immobilized much of their lives.
– Sometimes, you should take action immediately. Sometimes, you should wait. Wisdom is knowing which to do NOW.
– Don’t question the next step … take it. Take it!
– Your problem normally isn’t that you don’t know what to do. It’s that you won’t do what you know.
– Change your direction and you change your future. Change your actions and you change your life. You will only continue to get the same results if you continue doing the same things.
– To enjoy the perfect day, decide what that day would look like … then do it.
– Be careful of listening to everyone and doing nothing.
– The right questions can answer any problem.
– If you find yourself constantly needing to prove your worth, you have already forgotten your value.
– Do what you need to do, if you would get to where you want to go.
– Don’t allow the failure to have it all done keep you from the joy of getting it done.
– The game isn’t over, and you haven’t lost. For you, this day signals a whole new beginning.
– Nothing is “FREE.” Somebody paid for it.
– Success lies in the daily effort to move one step forward.
– Progress seldom depends on new information. More often, our next giant step forward lies in the application of principles we already know.
– There are no impossible dreams — not for the individual given that dream. I may not be able to tackle YOUR dream, but I’m equipped to handle mine.
– The secret to success: Make this day “some day.”
– In order to get off to the best start, you must first stop.
– Knowledge isn’t power. Knowledge is potential. Action is power.
– Once the destination is determined, the route will begin to appear.
– The minute you refuse to fall for the same old story again, the minute you stand up and oppose the voice that says you can’t, that is the moment in time when you will know you CAN.
– What would happen if you really tried?
– You can’t move forward until you stop holding on.
– Your entire life can change, based on ONE decision… this one.
– Consider the morning after before you do the night before.
– Stop, Look, Listen … Proceed.
– Together, we can do a whole lot more than any of us could ever do alone
– People really do want to help. All you need to do is ask.
– You’re not defeated until you give up and stop trying.
– You get what you settle for.
– Fix the car before you paint it.
– How to get started? How to continue? How to stay focused? (The answers are in the questions: start it, keep going, avoid distractions.)
– You can’t be all in until you’re completely sold out.
– What’s the best exercise? It’s the one you do.
– Get prepared to deal with problems and take advantage of opportunities. And always remember: those things often come wrapped in the same package.
– It’s better to draw a hungry crowd than a huge crowd.
– Go to your audience before you ask your audience to come to you.
– When you’re working on what you’re supposed to be working on … you’ll won’t be able to quit.
– If you would make rapid progress, let go of the life you’d planned and embrace the life you have.
– Lack of time is not the real problem. Wise use of time, that’s the tough part.